At the Tennyson Learning Community, improvement is seen as a collective responsibility and our strong systems and structures support all our academies and those that join us.
Our approach to school improvement is based upon a shared vision and values centered around an exceptional education for every child.
We work with academies at the different stages of their journey of continual self-improvement.
Whether at leadership or classroom level, different strategies will be needed to ensure our children achieve at the highest level in all areas of school life.
School improvement at the Tennyson Learning Community
Our school improvement drives exceptional learning forward, involving all leaders through a culture of mutual trust and candour. The school improvement team is committed to supporting schools to maintain high standards and provide the best possible provision for all learners.
Building strong learning communities
Across the Trust, we develop and share effective strategies that work in the classroom through a network of outstanding teachers and leaders. Subject specific expertise and pedagogical understanding is developed through a range of collaborative approaches. We use an evidence-based approach to school improvement capitalising on relevant research to sustain and improve a high-quality education.
Our improvement offer includes:
- Rigorous, internal quality assurance systems, which includes regular visits throughout the year
- Clear career pathways from ITT to Executive Leadership
- Headteacher Performance Management Process
- Enhancing expertise of headteachers through the leadership of Trust projects
- System leadership and school to school support through identified trust experts
- Development of coaching culture, through trust-wide coaching projects including external expertise
- Expert external moderation to verify standards, including one full day school review
- Responsive expertise to support well-being and reflective practices, including a trust well-being charter
- High quality, evidence-based CPLD
- SEND support with specialist and targeted SENCO support for all academies